Author Topic: Repot or wait next spring?  (Read 4619 times)


  • Legit New User
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Repot or wait next spring?
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:02 PM »
Found that guy in a nursery a few km from home.
Nice nebari, 2 inches wide trunk. It looks like it lacked some care.  It's july 28th and 85°F + outside.
As you can see on the picture, there is almost no soil. I am tempted to reduce the root ball by a third and to repot it in a similar pot so it will get stronger to got thru winter and be ready for next spring formation and repoting.


  • Jr. Forum Member
  • **
  • Posts: 93
  • Thanked: 2 times
  • Our economy exists only because of our environment
Re: Repot or wait next spring?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 05:00 PM »
In Quebec, you'd pretty much have to wait until spring, I think.  You can play a bit with the top, though.

Nice tree -- especially when right side up.  ;D