I had one more tree that followed me home the other day that needed some attention.
The first picture is after cleaning it up a little bit. I tried not to prune much, and may not have plucked any needles at this point. This was what I thought would make the front eventually. I ran out of time that night so had to set it aside.
As you can see, the front ended up ...not being the front. I ended up using a knot that hasn't grown over completely to anchor the apex as I bent it back. It leaned too far away. (I could use a little more bend here, but it was tough on my own.) I then used a saw to cut about halfway through the crotch of the branch that I lowered. Again, I could've lowered it a little more but it was difficult on my own.
There are some branches that will have to be reduced pretty heavily still, but I wanted to leave on as much as possible. This one, like the Twin-Trunk JBP
, will be going into better soil in spring.