I have to agree with all of you.
I was initially simply interested in steam bending, as I had never done it before.
I always try to work from general to specific. I knew that if the jin remained exactly in front of the back branch, then it would be a negative aspect of the tree. I decided to simply raise it up an inch or more to make it possibly useful and to give me more options. I will certainly have to do something with it, but I'm giving myself time to think about it. Once it's gone, it's gone.
I got exactly what I wanted (a lot of constructive feedback) thanks.
I'll post when I make the changes.